Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Early to Death, Early to Rise (Madison Avery, Book 2)

Early to Death, Early to Rise - Kim Harrison This is the second installment to the Madion Avery series. The first book had me hooked but this one, I am not to sure. The book picks off right were it left off. Madison has chosen choice. In which she believes everyone has a choice and you can choose your future, not in fate. Madison is once again trying to save someone by giving them a chance to choose. In between it all, Madison is joined with the struggle of the both Lightkeeper and Darkkeeper, and the very annoying Grace. Not to mention Josh, who has grown into a great love interest.This book was a fast and easy read. It was short so it did not take me a long time to read it. While the writing abd plot was good, I did not enjoy it as much as I thought I would. I felt like the book was missing something. Like words were missing in detailing something or maybe the drama could of played out a different way. I just felt as if this book lost it spark. It did hold my interest, but just not in a great way.I did however enjoy the ever increasing chemistry between Josh and Madison. I was glad to see them finally crossing that line. I also enjoyed Grace and her annoying singing. If one thing puts a smile on my face it was Grace. Her little songs are just hilarious. Plus I love her humor in it all.If you have not read the first book, Once Dead, Twice Shy, you should before you read this one. It will confuse you since if starts off where the first one left off.