Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Dark Flame (Immortals Series #4)

Dark Flame - Alyson Noel Oh Ever, I sympathize for you. Ever has been trying to get away from Roman powers. Instead, she ended up binding herself to him. She knew she was in trouble. She was afraid to go to Damen thinking he would be upset, if he knew what she got herself into. Poor Damen. He really is trying to help her, but Ever keeps shutting him out. Ever, feeling embarrassed and scared goes to Jude. Since he is the only one who knows her secret and can help, he is there for her. Ever and Jude's past does not help the sparks between them.Haven is supposed to be Ever's friend. Yet she is so power hungry, she mistakenly thinks Ever is jealous and refuses to speak to her. Now while it may seem like the case, I know Ever is just concern for her and Roman relationship. Ever is indeed trying to get in the way, but only because she binded herself to him, she can't help but feel drawn to him.Ever, after all that she has been through finally found it through the power of forgiveness. It wasn't magic that binded herself to Roman, it was herself and her own fears. "As within, so without." Whatever you fear inside, will come out on the outside. Ever was scared of never being with Damen, so she Roman take over her life. She spent all of her time and energy on him creating the bind.Of course, even after having am Epiphany, nothing ever turns out okay. The book takes a dramatic turn I did not see and well...lets just say it was shocking and kind of sad. I can't wait to see how Ever handles everything now after all that she has learned.Alyson Noel wrote a stunning book. A true-page turner. Dark Flame was well written and had a very good plot. I can only imagine what will happen next. This book also contain some sexual references. Other than that the book was clean.