Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Torment (Lauren Kate's Fallen Series #2)

Udręka - Lauren Kate Just when you think things start to get better, things get worse. A whole lot worse. And the thing about relationships is weird. You get to know someone, fall in love, and then BAM! Once you think you settled in, things are going fine, your significant others skeletons start coming out of the closet. What do you do? Who do you believe? Can you believe anything that he says to you after he lied for so long to you?Poor Luce. This book was nothing but a downer. A major downer. I love it! There was so much drama, so many secrets, and so many new characters, I just had to keep in reading :)We all know relationships can be hard. That is what Luce and Daniel experience. First, they fought for their love now they fight to stay together. I hate to say this, but why is it that guys always lie? Poor Luce finds out she had been lied too and now she goes off seeking the truth. I felt like alot could have been avoided, had Daniel been honest.The relationship strained between Daniel and Luce played out well. All the stuff, secrets held back was wonderful. Absolutely delightful. I enjoyed watching not only Luce grow, but Daniel learned somethings the hard way as well.The new characters in this book rock! I loved how the parts they played, played a significant role in Daniel and Luce's story. Now Daniel has some competition! I believe Luce intentions were well intended. Although I don't think she meant for it to happen that way, but it did. Now she'll have to figure things outs.What I enjoyed most was Luce finally coming to her own. She always followed Daniel and his rules. Here, she finally breaks free of it, takes control and goes after what she needs. I love how she became strong in who she was. No matter how many times she almost got killed.