Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Angelfire (Angelfire Series #1)

Angelfire (Angelfire Series #1) - One thing I love about books is the idea of them. I love to read books where it present a unique idea or theme. Angelfire is a unique book. With the idea of reapers, angels, and reincarnations, Ms. Moulton certainly gave the literature world a great adventure.The minute I started this book, it one was that I knew I could not put down.Elli's nightmares are getting worse. No matter what she does, they get more realistic and more tiring each and every night. A young man by the name of Will, appears in her life, spawning a lifetime of secrets that she never knew before. She's has had hundreds of lives in which she fought reapers who steal the souls of humans. Now that her power has awakened once more, she must fight to save the lives of those she loves.The adventure and the fighting in this book was phenomenal! I really enjoyed Elli kicking butt and remembering her past lives. Each times she fought another reaper, she got better and better, wielding herself into the warrior that she is. She began to find herself and her destiny.I also enjoyed the romance in this book. Not only did it play out well, but it gave the notion that there was something more between Ellie and Will. I love the mysteriousness of it. It gave me something to look forward to while reading. The whole relationship was quite a surprise. I hope that it can work out for them in the end.Ms. Moulton did a great job capturing the voice of a teenage girl combined with the whole reaper made for an excellent recipe I could enjoy. Elli was strong, beautiful, and smart. I also like how she incorporated her own love for horses in the book. It nice to see the author put something about themselves in their writing.This is one debut author that has left me begging for more. Much more!