Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Desires of the Dead (Body Finder Series #2)

Desires of the Dead (Body Finder Series #2) - After reading the last book I really fell in love. Not only with the characters but with the plot. I just love books that can pull me in with great characters and a plot that is never ending. Now most books that have a sequel, I have a love/hate relationship. Why? Well, because the characters after fighting so hard to be together in the first book they lose that in the second. It seems like in ever sequel someone is holding secrets. Or all of the sudden they pull away. In Desires of the Dead, the plot did not rip my heart from my chest. Granted that yes they did have problems and go through all the stuff, but it seems more realistic.As the reader, you get a great insight to Violet and her feelings. I like that I got to see more into the relationship with Violet and Jay. I adore seeing them together! The reader get to see relationship that is not only based on love but a strong friendship. As always Jay is a great boyfriend and does his best to be there for her.Violet had a lot to come to terms with in this book. She had been harboring a secret for so many years she wasn't sure what to do with it. I am glad that she came to term with what she is. I am also glad that we get to see that she is not alone. I think for Violet trusting people could be a issue. I know that she had a good head on her shoulders and will make the right decision.Desires of the Dead is a great sequel filled with non-stop action and a great plot. Ms. Derting characters are always real. You can definitely read her book and find yourself in their shoes.(*There was a sex scene nothing graphic)