Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Halo (Halo Trilogy #1)

Halo - Alexandra Adornetto I must say that I really enjoyed this book. I love the whole aspect of angels on earth, healing and protecting others. And this story was one that truly captured my heart.Now, some may not like this book being that it did start off slow. It took me a couple of chapters to finally get into the book. Also it has a lot of biblical references. So if you are not familiar with that, you might not understand all that it is in the book.Beth is sent to earth on a divine mission. Her mission is to simply place faith in others where they lack. Beth is faced with a town that has been wreak in havoc by evil. She does her best, by fitting in and helping others. In doing so, she meets a boy who she falls in love with. That was not part of her mission. Beth is faced to come to terms when her brother Gabriel is called to the covenant. When he returns, her consequences is not what she expected...I love how Ms. Adornetto connected with the angels. She wrote these characters strong, yet weak. By that I mean when they come to earth, they have no idea about the way their bodies work, culture works, school works, etc. They do manage to fit in quickly and the small miracles that they do are great.I really enjoyed the twist in the book. I like how Ms. Adornetto uses both sides (heaven and hell) in this book. The way she twisted everything around was great. Some things I saw coming, and while others (like Beth's consequences) was something I did not see coming. It just goes to show, that what God has planned for is something we may never know. We just have to trust ours hearts and God.