Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Unraveled (Intertwined Series #2)

Unraveled - Gena Showalter This book was a disappointment for me. I really expected more. I love Gena Showalter. So when I finally got to read this, it did not do what I expected it to do.Ayden is faced with becoming a king. And with that, comes the territory of followers, friends, and so many other kingly duties he must attend, all the while he must do school and fight for his crown. Ayden is faced with girl drama, as well as fighting to keep his secret safe.This book was told from several different points of views. We have Ayden with all the souls trapped in his head, Mary Ann, Tucker, Riley, and Victoria. One thing I enjoy is the souls. They always bring a smile to my face and I love to hear about their past as well. Here we once again got to see in Caleb's past and how he is connected with Ayden.The girl drama. Now that he is king, Ayden must date other girls or else there will be an uprising. Ayden reluctantly agrees. But what got me was how insecure Victoria was. No matter how many times, Ayden said he loved her, she still needed reassurance. I can understand the stress that she was under, but putting more stress on Ayden only made him weaker.The ending was no surprise. I had a feeling as what would happen and well, it did. I can only hope that they next book would pick up the pace and bring me some action.