Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Dead Is a State of Mind (Dead Is Series #2)

Dead Is a State of Mind - Marlene Perez I have a love/hate relationship with sequels. Mostly because there are always problems in the relationship. But I live it cause you know the guy has a secret and I'm dying to figure it out.Ryan has been off lately with Daisy. He has stood her up, made excuses and is mow being seem with another girl. What is going on?I like Daisy in this book. Her reactions to Ryan's actions were real and not overacted. She was hurt and angry. I like how even though she was hurt she tried to keep the peace. Even at that she lost it sometimes.I hate that Ryan had a secret. And I hated it even more that he kept it from her. I understand that he was dealing with a lot but I felt like he could've tried harder. Plus he didn't make it easy.What I like the most was how many things were going on in the book. Sometimes I get confused but the writing flowed well. I enjoyed reading it and look forward to the next one.