Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Fairy Bad Day

Fairy Bad Day - Amanda Ashby This book I bought a while back because I love the synopsis, a girl who slay fairies? Yes, please! The book caught me off guard with some great depth to the characters that I really enjoyed. They aren't just slayers. They have lives that has been changed dramatically cause of what they do. One thing I enjoyed in being in her shoes is that she is so much fun. She goes out for what she wants. Even when she gets in trouble, she still does her best to prove everyone wrong.The love interest I think wasn't what I thought it be. This is one of the book where Emma actually dates a nerd. He is a loner type of guys and everyone sees him but he is ignored. When Emma is partnered with him she learns that he is so much more than what she thought. I like that Emma looked past the facade that he put up. Emma sort of pushed him out of his shell and became of the the greatest dragon slayer the school has ever seen.The connections that connect Emma and the fairies goes way back. I like that the connections go not only to her but to others around her. Other characters that played minor roles had bigger parts. Really surprising and super fun to read.Fairy Bad Day is an great fantasy of magic and power. The portrait painted fills the reader with a epic fantasy of a amazing reading adventure. Slaying fairies never look so good! Fairy Bad Day is great!