Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Replacement

The Replacement - Brenna Yovanoff Mackie is not normal. And he know this. His family has been force to keep his secret and now the one that he loves needs his help. Mackie, leaving everything he knows behind, is finally stepping out of the dark to face his fears....This book is such an amazing read. I enjoyed it so much. I love how this was written. The writing, the plot, the characters were are so real and so emotional. The town of Gentry has been through alot. Yet nobody says anything about the werid things that go on in this town. Ms. Yovanoff wrote a letter to her readers in the beginning. She explain how she came to writing and how she wrote this story. Everything she said, she hit it right on. Perfect. The way she wrote this book was just....WOW! I love how the main characters were able to step out and finally do something. Mackie, was a great character that grew right before your eyes. He was so scared keeping everything to himself, and then for love, he stepped out. I was so excited reading this book. I love how he got brave. It just shows that with love, you can accomplish anything.There were some underage drinking, cursing, and a make-out scence. Nothing too much. Just typical teenage stuff. (Which btw, Ms. Yovanoff was able to do perfectly) The way she portrayed the teenagers and the voice she carried was great!