Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Twenty Boy Summer

Twenty Boy Summer - Sarah Ockler After reading this book, I think it is a great real explanation of what someone goes through when you lose someone. The plot is something I have seen in real life. When you lose someone everything changes. Your hurt, angry, sad and you want everything to stay the same the way it was before everything was lost. Most of the time you just want to forget and that's when you do stupid things like drinking, partying, sex, etc.I think Anna did a great job in being a friend to Frankie. Granted she did loose it. Anna did her best to be there for her. Even in holding all her secrets inside. I felt for Anna because she wasn't allowed to grieve they way the others did. No one knew her love for him so she kept it all inside.I felt like Frankie was selfish. She lied, dragged, and manipulated Anna into do things she wasn't ready to do. And Anna went along because she wanted to keep the promise she made. Anna was selfless and let Frankie do what she wanted. Anna lost something too and I was sadden that Frankie wouldn't let her have that.In the end things were settled, but I still feel like Anna deserved more.There was sex, and drinking in the book.