Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Demon's Lexicon (Demon's Lexicon Trilogy)

The Demon's Lexicon - Sarah Rees Brennan I am so happy (dances around) that I had a chance to read this book. I loved Nick. His sarcasm had me laughing a lot. The whole plot of this book is great! I loved the whole witches, warlocks and demon fighting. Demon fighting rocks! Nick and his brother Alan kick butt at what they do! The plot is what instantly grabbed me. I enjoyed all the sword fighting, kick butt, demon killing action. Alan is a great older brother who took care of his brother and mother. Nick and Alan both are on the move in order to avoid meeting up with demons who want their mothers charm. Now I love secrets. And the secrets revealed in this book were absolutely yummy! I was shocked to find out but it also made sensed when I thought back in the things in the book. But shocked I was. I felt for them and the secret they were harboring. I can only hope that in the next book they will fight till the very end. My only gripe was the pace of the story. I really wanted just to dive in but it sort of held back a bit.The Demon's Lexicon is dark, adventurous read that had a secret like no other. It held me from the first page and I love it. I can't wait to read the second book!