Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Hunger (Riders of the Apocalypse Series)

Hunger - Jackie Kessler "Thou art famine, yo." With a line like that who could not like this book? This book was awesome. Had me hooked from the very beginning. The only things that disappointed me was the fact the it was short. I wished the story had a little bit more for me to bite on. But bite me it did!Lisa is a teenage girl suffering from anorexia. She struggles with a voice in her head all the time telling her she is fat, weak and ugly. Lisa is on the verge of death if she does not stop what she is doing. One day feeling depressed Lisa begin taking pills and has a strange dream. A man in a robe came to her and told her she was famine. She thought it was a dream until the scales of famine appeared in front of her. Lisa meets Death. A wildly handsome boy who tells her that she is indeed famine and she needs to "go thee out unto the world" doing her duty as famine. Famine meets War and war it is. Famine and War do not get along. War nicknames her mouse for being something to so week and bony. Finally in the end, Lisa finds her strength as Famine and fights with War. Jackie did an magnificent job writing this book. The plot was something out of this world. Her writing... the way she wrote those hard scenes was amazing. She did a great job giving the reader a great insight to the world of famine, hunger, disease. I love how she was able to bring paranormal with something real together and create something exciting. Her story is a amazing read. This is a story that I can read over and over again. and that I would recommend you read. When I was reading this, I was so excited and enticed that I could not put this down. I felt for Lisa in every struggle that she had.You need to read this book. When you read this, it will submerged you into the world of anorexia in a way you never saw. You will see the hardships, the lies, the pain, the voices, that the person goes through. Even though this book is paranormal, it was very informative in anorexia.