Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Secrets and Shadows (13 to Life Series #2)

Secrets and Shadows - Shannon Delany This book could only be describe in one word: Torture. Pure torture. I mean, my heart just ache and well, the writing is pretty dang good.Torture. Why? Well what else is hard to watch then the one person your in love with be with someone else. I mean that tough. The drama in this book is great, but pure torture. You don't know how many times I wanted to be Jessie just so I can slap Pietr. The characters I feel in this book did no growing up whats so ever. They made the same mistakes over and over again. They torture each other by going out with other people, ignoring each other and well, only causing more grief for everyone else around them. I felt like at times that they were just selfish. The only one I felt grew up a bit and it wasn't toward the end is Jessie. She finally put her foot down (Thank God) and just said things that been need to said. I really admire her strenght and her strong determination. She really blew my mind away with how she handled everything. Though at times, I want to slap her as well.The plot line in this book wasn't very different from the last book. They still dealt with the CIA and hunters, plus all the drama in the relationship. I am a little disappointed that things were repeated in stead of something new.The ending again, left off with another cliffhanger. I an not satisfied with how the book ended. I wanted it to be different but again, no. Though I am still interested in reading the next book just because I have to know what happens. Overall, it was okay cause it can hook you in easily with the story line but very torturous.