Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Water Wars

The Water Wars - Cameron Stracher This book really didn't grab my attention as much as I wanted it too. While the story was good, the plot failed to grab me. It reminded me very much of Drought, just a different scenario. The plot fighting over water seemed not as action packed. There was fighting and running around. There were also some extra elements in the book that I didn't see coming. Like how some people can smell fresh water? It seems like you are living in a normal world, but there are some people who can do extraordinary things that weren't really explained that well through out the story.I really did enjoy the water pirates. If anything made send in the book they did. They roamed the earth, stealing water and blowing up water plants. I believe their cause for doing this was right. They only seems like pirates because they broke the governments law. I did also like how the world was ruled in the book. People were rationed to a certain amount of water. It all seemed to harsh on the characters.The characters were great. I did feel like the love interest was push to fast. They spend a little time together and then, their in love. So not happening! I did like however that they did stick by each other and rescue each other. They prove to themselves very loyal in putting everything aside to help fight for what is right.