Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Haunting Violet

Haunting Violet - Alyxandra Harvey Another book that I have been trying to get off my tbr pile. And I must say that I am happy with it. I totally was not expecting it to be a historical book. It is a great read!What I loved most about this book is the plot. We have a girl who trudges along with her mom who is a con artist. She pretend to speak to the dead be she can not. She does magic tricks and such to make her clients believe in ghost. And then for no reason, Violet all of the sudden can see ghost. As you can imagine, this makes the mother very happy cause she thinks her daughter is actually pretending all of it as well. Like she is finally coming into the family business. I like Violet. She is typical girl doing her best to please her every non-pleasing mother. Violet goes by her guts and helps her mother no matter what. I do not like this women and for Violet to help her well, she is lucky.The love interest in the book is typical yet redeeming. They long for each other yet they can't have each other since Violet's mother is pushing her to marry a man of "good standing." The secret love is adoring and one that the reader will be rooting for.Whats most interesting is the whole ghost mystery. Violet stumbles upon a ghost who is murdered and is now trying to solving the murder. This part is fun. I liked watching Violet solve clues, see through the ghost eyes, and figure out the murder. During this part is sort of reminded me of play the game of Clue.Haunting Violet is an enchanting ghost story that keeps you reading till the end. The vividness of the ghost feelings and thoughts make your hair raise. Undeniably scary good, Haunting Violet is compelling.