Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Cryer's Cross

Cryer's Cross - Lisa McMann This book is downright creepy! I am so happy I read this during the day. Kendall is your average girl in small town with a disorder. Her OCD drives her to know where everything is and to put anything out of order in place. Kendall's best friend/boyfriend Nico suddenly disappears. For days he acted weird and she notice it. She began to put things together when she realizes is all began with a desk.What I like most about this story was there was no paranormal power. Kendall is an average girl, growing up like everyone else. She has no secret power lurking to be revealed. She is just normal, besides her OCD. I like her willingness to find out what happen and the strength to fight her OCD is astounding. I know its hard for people to change what their normal routine is. So for Kendall to go out of her way is admiring. I also like that this is small town ghost story based on true story that happen in the book. Immediately you can relate to this story and the true happenings of it. In my opinion ghost town stories are always the best because they are based on real people, real towns, real places.Ms. McMann did an excellent job bringing this story to life. Her characters were easy to relate to and easy to understand. Her plot paced perfectly and left nothing out. Everything was revealed at the right time. Her story is so good that is kept giving me goose bumps. If you are looking for a good, creepy ghost story with a real life characters read this book.