Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Crossed (Matched Trilogy Series #2)

Crossed (Matched Trilogy Series #2) - I have been anticipating this book like no other. As soon as I got it, I ripped it open and did not come out.The book is filled with great writing, lots of plot twists, and characters that I missed and adored!The plot line in this book is what got me hooked. There are so many new things going on in the society that I was biting my nails off! Many new things were added and characters turn out to be not what I expected. The pacing of the book is not too quick, but pretty fast. Once you start reading, the reader crosses into the world Ms. Condie has written. The way she described the society now and what has happen since then, really opened the readers eyes to a whole new world.The element of surprise in this book has a whole new definition that Ms. Condie created. I was taken back by some of the characters. To be quite honest, I was in shock. Some of the secrets in this book were beyond juicy. Though if you read the first book and think back on it, you can see how it made sense. I like how Ms. Condie created such a flowing mystery to the book that it keeps the reader detained,... unable to move till the very last page.The love interest in this book is what was a big shocker to me. Many feelings were revealed, fought for, and explained. I never thought I could love a love triangle, but Ms. Condie made it work for this book. And let me tell you, those boys are not giving up.Overall, Crossed is an accomplished sequel that I really enjoyed. Sometimes sequel repeat, or are just filler-ins, not this book. Crossed kept you engaged and enchanted by the society. Ms. Condie created such a striking sequel that I am hype up for the next book!