Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Starstruck

Starstruck - Cyn Balog This book is nothing what I expected. It had some great elements in the book that had me hooked. First off the main character, Dough. I loved this girl. She is so insecure that you just want to help her. She is one character that is real in all kinds of ways. She is selfless and thinks about others. I do dislike the way she see's herself. She is constantly putting herself down and I am glad that someone saw her for her.Now, the plot of this book is somewhat ironic. Wish is unsatisfied with the way he looks so he turns to worshiping the stars and sun which make him in turn handsome. I thought this is strange yet ironic scenario. He likes Dough for who she is but doesn't like himself? HUH? In the end it doesn't matter what other people think about you, it what you think about yourself that matters. In the mist of everything, Wish put all of that aside to save the one person he loved before it was too late. Wish, I am so proud of you!I really enjoyed the loved interest in this book. Though I thought it could go either way, it did take me surprise but it was also kind of obvious. I really like that Dough had such a great relationship with Wish. I loved that they had a back round history to each other and even sustained a long distance relationship. It really showed how much they truly do care for each other.Starstruck is great, written book with a unique yet similar storyline. We all want to change something about ourselves but it is worth risking the person we love? I loved that this plot hit so many things at home for people. It brings to light what really matters, what we think of ourselves.