Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Radiant Darkness

Radiant Darkness - Emily Whitman I must say that I adored this book much more than I thought I would! I had no idea that it is about Hades and Persephone. I adored the storyline and the main character Persephone. It is so different than other books I've read. It is much more Greeky. First off, I love that the story is told from Persephone point of view. I liked seeing things from her view than from the normal Hades point of view. I loved how the Ms.Whitman wrote the main character Persephone, so differently that what I've read before. Here she is, locked up from the world, hidden by her mother, talked down too like a child. Persephone yearned for a peace, a freedom she never thought she see. I like that Hades didn't just grab her. They had a secret love. He waited for her, asked for her choosing. He is a gentlemen.As the story line begins to unfold, the reader sees the destruction of earth but also Persephone seeing things differently. She knew what her mother was doing and wanted to settled things once and for all. I adored how this story is really modernized but stays full of Greek Gods and Goddesses. Ms. Whitman keep the essence of a classic tale only making slight changes in it.I loved this book! It really capture me in a way I didn't think it would. If you love Greek Gods and Goddesses, tales of Persephone and Hades, read this book. It is an intensely fast read that you can not get enough of. I loved the writing style and adored the characters!