Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Jessica Rules the Dark Side

Jessica Rules the Dark Side - Beth Fantaskey I absolutely loved Jessica's Guide for Dating on the Dark Side. I thought the author did a great job on picking up right where she left in the last book swinging to forward to this one. Everything in the book I LOVED. The characters, the plot, even the love between Jessica and her new husband Lucius, is sweet and divine!As the reader, you are thrown right in the plot of power. Now that the marriage is complete, Jessica is learning to reign as a Queen. She is learning laws, language, and how to be a Queen in every single aspect of her life. I loved that Jessica show flaws. She is having trouble in learning in what she needs to to. I loved that she doesn't hide it but she stresses out over it. Despite the stress, I really loved how well Jessica and Lucius work together. That is a real marriage. Working together, having each others backs in a trouble time. I adored how the characters not only help each other but grew to love and appreciate each other more.I also adored the growth in the book. Jessica starts off wobbly not sure how to stand on her own two feet always relying on Lucius. Now, it's good to rely on your husband but there will be times where you have to stand on your own two feet with no help. As soon as trouble arose, Jessica took everything in with great strength. She was stressed and tired but she knew what needed to be done. I admire her ability to keep a straight face with all the death and trouble that surrounded her. In the end, Jessica is truly fit to be an amazing queen.Just like the first book., Jessica's Rules The Dark Side is amazing! Every twist or the story, every betrayal seen, Jessica rise with great strength as the Queen. I truly enjoyed this book and can't wait to read more adventures of Jessica and Lucius.