Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Vespertine

The Vespertine - Saundra Mitchell One of my favorite genres is historical fictions. And it works better for me if you add a little paranormal twist in there. Now this book I really like. Amelia is sent to Baltimore to find someone worthy to be a husband. What she finds instead is crowd of people coming to her for her visions. And one boy in particular can hear her in the wind.I loved the plot of this book. While it was a bit slow in the beginning, it certainly picked up once Amelia visions began to come true. Amelia is a very smart girl who knows whats she wants despite what her brother thinks. Amelia may be different, but she has a spark that anyone can enjoy. Nathaniel was like no other boy I have encountered in a book. He, unlike most boys in books, knew where he stood in society and refused to bring Amelia down with him. He wanted better for her. What got me was his lack of confidence in their relationship. Most of the time you see the girl running away, this time we see the guy. Amelia is strong and wanted Nathaniel no matter what. The paranormal part was good and I like how it something that can be related to real life. There was no great shown down or great powers. Just Amelia who can see the future, who's life is hanging in the balance of her decisions.