Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Hollow (Hollow Trilogy)

The Hollow (Hollow Trilogy) - Jessica Verday What a great twist on such a great classic story! I had no idea what to expect other than I bought the book for the cover! (I know) After a few pages in, I just loved it. Abbey has lost her best friend and now has no one. Lost in her depression Abbey meet a cute boy who captivated her heart the moment she met him. He brings her hope and now she is falling in love. The only problem is the boy is hiding a something.I love The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. So with this story and the perspective on it really took me for a ride. I mourned with Abbey in losing her best friend. I like how she honored her and stood up for for friend with all of those nasty rumors. Abbey remained strong and move on with her life without completely eliminating her best friend.The love interest was an obvious but surprising one. I had no idea what the boy was hiding but when all was revealed I was heart broken. Just to fall in love and them BAM! So not fair... My only gripe about the book was that there was a lot of unnecessary parts and it did slow down the book a bit. I honestly got bored with these parts and just read fast just to get to the next interesting section.