Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Carrier of the Mark

Carrier of the Mark - Leigh Fallon If anyone knows me, they know how much I love Ireland. So this book not only had me bouncing in my seat, but I'm in love with Ms. Fallon's writing. Written beautifully, Carrier of the Mark captures the reader from the very first page, marking them forever...The plot line of this book is what captured me immediately. I loved the pacing of the story as well as the development of the characters. Strange things happen little by little, making the reader curious, ensnaring the reader to keep reading. Ms. Fallon's elements in this book aren't overly done all at once, but gives the right information at just the right moments.The characters of the book are amazing! I love it when an author came bring fresh voices to a whole new story. Megan is a smart, easy going girl that everyone loves. I love how Megan is not easily fooled by excuses. This girl knows what she wants and what she saw!The love interest is another great part of this book! I love that Ms. Fallon created a love that is not only meant to be but forbidden. It makes the story much more exciting to see to lovers fight for their right to be with each other. I love watching them endure hardships but also find peace in each other. Now that, is true love.If you like a type of book where there is more than meets the eye, read this book. It's a unexpected move, new school, new boy, and strange happenings. Dark and intriguing, Ms. Fallon created a world like no other. Are you marked?