Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Ashfall (Ashfall (Trilogy - Hardcover))

Ashfall - Mike Mullin As I began this book, I was just overwhelmed with the amazing writing in this book. Every single word is explicit, showing and letting the reader feel everything of Ashfall. Not only did Mr. Mullin created such a world that anyone can step into, he brought his writing to life like I have never seen before.What I liked most about this book is the great plot line. I loved that it is based on real facts on something that could happen. As the reader, you are immersed in the city full of ashes, the smoking burning through your nostrils and the thrill of a journey to come.Mr. Mullins characters are so powerfully written. I loved that they grew tremendously before your eyes. They are no longer teens, but men and women trying to survive in the new world. Mr. Mullin brought out the fierceness and animalistic traits in humans yearning for food, shelter, and medicine. At first, while I was reading this, I thought,"No, this can't be." But oh yes, it indeed was. There were some gruesome scenes, but it is all to be expected in this world.My final thought is ,"No. Please don't be over yet!" I wanted more. I needed more. This story definitely left a burning hole in my chest of what is to come of this author. Should you read it! YES! I recommend this book for 16+. There are some mature scenes. Ashfall is beautiful, darkly written book of a future we could have. One that will have you thinking twice about what out future could look like. Right after reading this book as I closed it I said," Babe, I think we should make fall out shelter."