Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Golden Lily: A Bloodlines Novel (Bloodlines (Mead - Hardcover))

The Golden Lily - Richelle Mead After reading this book I have to say that this series is coming along VERY nicely. Diving right back into the world of Sydney things are starting to heat up. I really enjoyed that in this book, the reader gets to know Sydney more. I got to see her prejudiced side to vampires (yeah, didn't really like that much), as well as see her walls come down when she learns more. Sydney is a very adaptable character. Even though she is set in her ways about things, I can see Sydneys heart changing little by little. That's the cool part. At first, Sydney is all RULES, GUIDELINES and MORE RULES, to learning to sway them just a bit. And you can only imagine who her influence is eh???*SIGH* Adrian, you do know how to turn a good girl bad. LOL! Sydney gets to see a much more personal look into Adrian'd closed life. She is finally starting to understand and see what Adrian deals with everyday. I like that in turn, Adrian too is learning things for Sydney as well. Though there romance is not quite there, it is surely building up.My favorite part of the book is towards the end with Brayden. When he told her those things, I couldn't help but laugh. It was so ironic that both Sydney and I thought the same way. (You can see that I totally relate more to characters then to real life people) Anyways, it's a part of the book that I read over a few times, enjoying the hearty laugh Ms. Mead gave me.The Golden Lily is an great addition to the Bloodline series. It's brings up yet another mystery of the Alchemist and the secrets that they are hiding. Syndey is quickly catching on and is not letting anything go. The plot is right on target, leaving the reader satisfied yet unfulfilled. The Golden Lily is awesome!