Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Tempest Rising

Tempest Rising - Tracy Deebs I loved mermaid books. This book is a great read. Very adventurous. As soon as I started it, I knew I was a goner. Everything in this book, the elements, story pacing, as well as the characters were perfect!The characters in this book is what got me hooked. We the reader are introduced to Tempest, a girl filled with hurt, anger, and no understanding as to what is happening to her. Her growth in this book is amazing. I love it when characters learn things and grow from it. Granted she had every right to be angry and turn away. Instead she took a chance on something she didn't know and learn something knew.The pacing of this story had me entertain all the way till the very last page. Nothing is left to the imagination. Ms. Deeb's did a great job on describing the ocean, sea life as well as the history back round to the story. I really enjoy it when authors can give the reader a full understanding without the confusion. She also did a fantastic job on letting the reader feel the emotions of the book. Anger, hurt, love, forgiveness, all great things to make the reader feel like their in the story their selves.The love interest is very good. I adore romance and it was right on! I loved seeing Tempest come of her shell and give a chance. She is so insecure about herself, with the way things happened in her life that she is always weary about things. I love the Tempest is able to love once she lets it all go. At the end she has a better understanding that make her heart glow.Tempest Rising is a great, magical read that you will want to dive into over and over again. There is nothing like the feel of the water, letting yourself swim freely in a great pool of writing. But I have to warn you, once you get in, you won't want to come out!