Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Shift (The Shade Trilogy)

Shift - Jeri Smith-Ready Ms. Ready, you totally rock my world! This book is beyond awesome! The plot, the characters and the way it was written had me gripping my poor kobo hard.What I liked most about this book is the storyline. If you have not read the first one, I strongly suggest you do. Where the first book left you with questions, this one gave you answers and even more questions! The secrets that were exposed were beyond anything I could imagine but also made sense.The mysterious of the shift is detailed more in this book. I love how Ms. Ready lead the reader clue by clue until it was all revealed. I like it very much when the author can lead you like that. It makes you feel more in the story, like you are the characters searching for answers. Ms. Ready brought all her characters to life straight from words to your mind.There wasn't so much as a love interest in this book. It was more of a confused girl who had too much on her mind to make up her mind about boys. Aura just couldn't get her head straight and it made her look bad. I was upset at her and how she acted. And I'm sorry, but she did deserve it. Over all, Shift is a great sequel to Shade! The book had lots of secrets revealed and more answers wanted. Ms. Ready wrote a fantastic book that I could not get enough of. It is very addicting and had you turning the pages faster and faster! I can't wait to read the next book. Plus there is always Zachary, who accent makes my knees melt!There was some cursing and lots of talk about sex*