Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Deepest Cut: a MacKinnon Curse novel

The Deepest Cut - J.A. Templeton Raise your hand if you have a thing for a hot guy with a scottish accent? *Raises both hands HIGH*If someone had told me earlier that the guys is scottish, I would read this book first, no questions ask. As you can tell, I loved the plot. A girl moving to anew town, meeting a hottie and getting quickly subdued to solving a life long mystery. I admired this plot. It's paced well plus it brings some good back history to the characters. With each past of theirs revealed, it's a onion pulling back the layers one by one till you've seen it all. The plot places the reader in a world of mystery and murder. You just have to fine the murder first before they get you!There is an enduring friendship turned love. I really liked this part. I didn't think it happen but it did. It's once love that started but the reader knew it just couldn't happen and that's what sucks! I wanted it to work soooo bad! They be perfect for each other. Nevertheless, those few precious moments they had in loving each other the only way that they can, I emerged myself more into it knowing that it be over soon.The ending is touching. It's is bittersweet, yet you know it's not the end, it's only the beginning. I can't wait to read the rest of the books.The Deepest Cut, cuts the reader deep in their heart. It's exciting to see the plot race forward once you are in the characters shoes. The thrilling events with each chapter keep the reader locked in their seat, eyes never straying off the page. Utterly amazing, The Deepest Cut is a rush!