Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Monstrous Beauty

Monstrous Beauty - With all the amazing books coming out lately, I am especially excited about this one. I love a good mermaid story that has a special twist on it.What I enjoyed most about this book is the great back round history to it. Stories that flow back to the past, leaving the reader piece by pieces only intrigued me more. I love seeing the present as well as getting that flashback to the past matching it with what is going on today. Lots of the back round history in the book has affected generation after generation. It's good to see one person in the family seeking out the answers that were never found.With that said, the plot twist in the book is awesome. Most mermaid stories follow the same rules, but this world played by their own rules. I enjoyed the different circumstances of being a mermaid. The consequences that followed them is harsh. Yet, as the reader, all I wanted to do is bring them some kind of peace.The love interest as well played out differently than what I thought. Unique and entertaining, I was no other but hooked to follow to the end. I am amazed of how well the past flowed to the future. It weaved beautifully, leaving me giddy.Monstrous Beauty is a an well constructed story. Beautifully woven, Monstrous Beauty is written wonderfully. The stunning world building with great plot, Monstrous Beauty is great.