Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Waterfall (River of Time)

Waterfall - Lisa Tawn Bergren I love historicals! And I just can't begin, or can't explain how much I love this book. From the very first page I was hooked. What grabbed me the most was the love and plot of this book. Two great things in a book that always catch me by the heart. Gabi and her sister a transported back in time after sneaking in to a dig their mother told them not to go in. Gabi is found by Italian hotties (fans self), and is aided my Marcello (fans self again) to find her sister.The reason why I love historicals is because I find myself amused with past. I myself would one day love to time-travel and see things the way it used to be. Plus historicals make me laugh. Gabi's character is fun, witty, and strong. She had me laughing with her forwardness about things. She always forgot herself, and had to correct her language. The people in the past make weird faces where you say something funny!The love between Marcello and Gabi is timeless! It is a classic love bound by time. It just figures that you find the one you love back in fourteenth century! I enjoyed watching them fight with each other and get on each other nerves. Perfect! From the very beginning of their spats, you knew they were meant to be! If you looking for a great historical with lots of action, funny remarks and love worth dying for, read this book. I can't begin to tell you how much you'll love it. Ms. Bergren has written a plot so good you will not put the book down. Ms. Bergren characters are easy to relate to and easy to feel. Every twist and turn of the plot, has you gasping, losing every sense of reality that you have. You literally fall into the book and don't want to come back. (At least I didn't) Can't wait to read the second book!