Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Radiance (Riley Bloom Series #1)

Radiance - Alyson Noel This is a spin off from The Immortal Series and a great spin off it is. Riley is now in Here, a place where people are after death. Riley meets up with the council to be placed where she belongs. After meeting with the council Riley is placed as a Soul Catcher, one who travel to the earth plane to help bring soul who linger for too long.Riley is placed with Bodhi. A super geeky, with no fashion sense is Riley boss. From the very beginning they did not get along. Riley was always defying him always doing want she wanted. Her first task as a Soul Catcher was to help The Radiant Boy. A boy who has haunted a castle for years with no Soul Catcher able to ever bring him over. Will Riley be able to help The Radiant Boy?Alyson did a great job writing Radiance. It was what I expected and more. I loved that I finally got to see an insight into Riley's point of view. Now, this book is for a younger age group, but nonetheless, this book was awesome. Riley's is a great character and had me hooked. Her quick wittiness and sarcastic comebacks had me laughing.I also like that this book was written appropriately for the age group. There was no cursing, bad scene, etc. Just great teenage-drama without all the bad junk. Alyson Noel's transitioning from writing older teen books to this one, I think she did a great job. She was able to catch that young voice and portray is beautifully.Radiance is a great summer read. It had a great plot and was a short,easy to read book. I really wish there was a little more for me to read. If you love The Immortal Series, then you will like this book. I would suggest that you read The Immortal series first, at least the first one, Evermore, so you can fully understand what happens in the the book.