Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Shattered Dreams (Midnight Dragonfly Series #1)

Shattered Dreams - Ellie James I really enjoyed this book. A new power. A psychic combined with real life drama always makes for a great story. Ms. James took amazing characters filled with an dynamic plot and gave the reader a great read!As the reader began this book, we meet Trinity tormented by dreams she doesn't understand. I really like how the reader is captivated from the beginning of whats these dreams mean. Ms. James give the reader clues piece by piece as the reader delves deeper into dreams. I like how the reader is taken by Trinity's past and how it comes back to haunt her.The characters of the book are right where I want them. They know, but don't really know. I enjoyed Trinity asking questions, snooping around. It was like she is her own Nancy Drew! The reader also sees a love form during the whole process of Trinity learning the family secret. I like that Trinity does not have to do things all by herself. She has good friends and people looking out for her.This book strongly reminded me of The Body Finder. Only in this book, people are not to forthcoming about Trinity. There is a lot of skepticism and prejudice that Trinity must over come in order for her to be who she is meant to be. Overall, this is a great book that everyone can enjoy! Dark and edgy, Shattered Dreams gives a new twist in paranormal.