Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Pyxis: The Discovery (Pyxis, #1)

Pyxis: The Discovery (Pyxis, #1) - K.C. Neal I really liked this book! I loved the paranormal elements but also the mysteriousness to it as well.What caught me about this book is the estrange bottles of liquids. I was fascinated by what they held inside. The power the was wielded in such small bottles. I adore reading about the main character Corinne and watching her become something different. It amazed me how quickly she is able to learn and adjust to what is happening to her.I also really like that the author Ms. Neal gave the reader such a great plot to follow. I loved being pulled into the story feeling as if I am in it myself. I liked how well the plot is paced. It didn't go to fast nor to slow. I liked that it gave enough to the reader to keep on reading the book till the very end.The love interest in the book is not one too developed but just starting. I liked that is begins with discovering secrets and learning to trust each other. I liked that these characters have a long great journey in front of them. One that I will enjoy reading.Overall, Pyxis is a great book of magic! Every bit of writing keeps you entranced to keep reading till the very end. The only gripe I have about this book is that it is short. I longed for more story, but I guess I will have to see that when the next book comes out.