Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

What's Left of Me (Hybrid Chronicles Series #1)

What's Left of Me (Hybrid Chronicles Series #1) - Now this is a peculiar book. After reading the synopsis, I wasn't sure what to think other than it intrigued me.If you know me, then you know by now that I like books that are out-of-the-box. I like stories that are new and fresh. Similar plot lines begin to repeat and bore me. This book is FANTASTIC! The elements weaved into the characters, the crispness of the book left me wanting more. From the first chapter, it's a never-ending sea of mystery. Why are people born like this? What happens to those who do not settle? Is it wrong? Or is it a new era? All of these questions and more, left my mind reeling.I have never gone into a book where the love interest is...awkward. Awkward in a good way. I have to admit that this love interest is most definitely new and innovative. At first, I was unsure of how exactly it would work but after reading the chapters and getting into it, I found myself settling in their shoes. And then I laughed. Cause once I settled and knew the characters, I enjoyed the story so much more.The characters of the book are way different. Even though they are in one body, the personalities stand out. I know that most people when reading this might feel weird, but I assure you, you will not get confused or feel bereft. I can not wait to see what the author has in store for these characters.What's Left Of Me is an spellbinding start. Once in the story, you can't help but feel the pull of the characters. Each chapter is well-constructed to pull the reader deeper. And the conclusion delivers a grand feeling of giddiness. What's Left Of Me is awesome!