Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Ironskin

Ironskin - Picking up a different kind I read, I enjoyed this book far more than I expected.1. Historical. I love the way the historical history of the book weaves in the plot. It gives the book a feel of a different world that you simply can’t resist entering.2. Iron Mask. The fact that this girl had to wear an iron mask to hide the scars beneath, and always being shunned drew me in like a moth. I wanted nothing more for this your girl to find love, despite her face. I wanted her to be able to find herself and have peace.3. Secrets. A large mansion, lots of rooms and one man that is a mystery. It totally captured me and I let my mind wander throughout the dark halls, letting myself be submerse in what Jane uncovers. I love creeping around the corners and especially loved it when Jane got brave and ask questions! Squee!4. Fae. Yup. They are somehow involved and I love this part of the plot unfold. It seemed to have flowed well with the plot bringing more elements in the book out. The build up toward the end is very well done and fascinating.5. Insta-Love. Well not exactly. They had moments of flirtation but nothing to set in motion the romance. Only after continuous flirting did they realize their feelings for each other. And while, I’m okay with that, I prefer that they had more time to come to love each other, instead of the going back and forth with flirting.In the end, the story is quite good! A fine mix of historical and fantasy, Ironskin is memorable.