Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Splintered

Splintered - A.G. Howard This has got to be one of the best book I have read in 2013. It's told in such powerful way, I want nothing more than to read it over and over again! There are certain elements in this book that keeps me at the edge of my seat. One of them being in Wonderland itself. I've always adore the classic, Alice In Wonderland and the real story behind it. To bring a story like this and re-tale it is amazing. I literally sat amazed at the story, my eyes locked on every word soaking it all in. The way it moved at a pace where the reader not only understood but followed the white rabbit down the hole, I didn't think I ever come out.The love interest in the story is another element that I adored. A best friend and love overlooked, these two characters have bonded over a long time. Faced with trouble, their feelings finally come out and I can't help but swoon. Seriously, I smiled like the Cheshire cat, giggled like a teenage girl, and sighed. I love that there love was not an insta-love but a love built over time. Even when bad things came out and the story was over, their love is still fresh and fierce. That is the way all love interest should be.Overall, Splintered is a tale like no other. Written beautifully that it captures every readers heart, you want this book on your shelf. For much of the story, the hunt to break the curse entrances the reader to keep reading, to find the key! A riveting tale, Splintered is fan-freaking-tastic!