Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Lost Prince

The Lost Prince - Julie Kagawa I swear, Julie Kawaga is soo freaking awesome. Her writing style never fails to leave me speechless!If you are a fan of the Iron Fey series, look no further. Here is your chance to access that world once again this time in the shoes of Ethan Chase. BE FOREWARNED: If you have not read the Iron Series, I suggest you get on the ball and do so. You can pick up this book but, you will have spoilers from where the story left off with Megan. Alright, lets get this review started. First off the plot is awesome. It honestly felt as if I never left Megan, Ash or Puck. Ethan has made it his duty to stay clear away from anything fey. He has made habit of being a loner, which in turn earns him a few admires. They include a guy and girl, who will turn his world upside down as he knows it. I really loved that the plot moved at a beautiful pace never leaving the reader behind. As the reader, you get such wonderful insight on what Ethan is feeling, seeing, and doing. You feel his abrasiveness, his isolated ways that lead to his careful life that he wants no one to enter. There hasn't been a plot that left such a craving in my body. Once I completed this book, I was a goner.The love interest that form I simply adored. Why? Well for one, Ms. Kawaga took her time in getting the reader to invest in the characters. We get to watch the characters open up about their secluded lives. We get to see them trust and grow into a wonderful friendship. Most importantly, we get to watch them fall in love, as they risk everything they have to save each other. Absolutely Wonderful!The most exciting part is getting to see a certain new characters, who I am anxious to know more about. When I learned about him, my jaw dropped. Literally. I had to go back and re-reader what I had read, just to make sure I read that part right. Frankly, it felt so awesome to read more in to the Nevernever. See characters from the other series and watch new characters come to life!Matching the original Iron Fey series, The Lost Prince is the most exciting yet! This story is not just another spin-off. It's taut yet thrilling, conjuring a fantasy that I never want to let myself out of. A clever story that is delicious yet satisfying, The Lost Prince is sublime!