Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Girl in the Clockwork Collar (Steampunk Chronicles Series)

The Girl in the Clockwork Collar - Kady Cross This is the second book in the series and very explosive!!!And they travel to the continental US to solve another murder and come into the brink of a deadly project. I really loved the plot. Fulfilling and exciting, each chapter leads to new people, new missions, and new betrayals. I loved that the plot is always moving. The reader learns more about the characters of Griffin, Finley and the others past. The friendship also blooms beautifully before the readers eyes.The love interest is particular exciting in this book! I am happy to report that Griffin and Finley finally see each other. Even while they were fighting against each other all the time, you can tell deep down they are meant to be. They cringed with the other got hurt, got angry when the other did something stupid. It is funny to read and to see the adoration in their eyes.The betrayals in the book are so HOT! Half-way through the book I thought I knew where it head but oh no, the author pulled a fast one on me. The turn at the end, with the literal picture of a heart-breaking ahhhhhhhh! Priceless. I did not see that coming and boy was it a breath stealer.The Girl In The Clockwork Collar slams right into the readers mind with the perfect combination of action, desire, and lies. The plot flows beautifully with surprises at every corner. With deeper and richer plot, The Girl In The Clockwork Collar takes your breathe away!