Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Arise

Arise - Tara Hudson Another sequel that I am excited to have finally read, this book tore out my heart. What I enjoyed most about this book is the relationship strain. The reader sees how Amelia is dealing with the half-life that she has. Technically she is a ghost and her relationship with Joshua is strained cause of that. Amelia does her best to let him go but Joshua always seems to return to her. Which in the end is sweet, but she is a ghost. How long can it last? This plagues Amelia as she does her best to enjoy what she has now. The central focal point of the book besides the love strain, is Amelia fighting the darkness the continually gets stronger around her. What she is doing is wrong. Living among humans but she is dead. This part of the book really did a number on my heart. Amelia torn in what to do she goes on a search for answers. I rooted for these two characters to finds a way. Anyway just to be together. The new character Gaby made the story so much more enjoyable. Gaby is a great friend to Ameila and a great source of wisdom. I love the balance that she brings to the story. Whenever Amelia is down, Gaby is there to pick her up and help her out. Arise is an fantastic sequel to Hereafter. Fresh and bold, Arise sizzles with emotions that no reader can resist. A hauntingly exquisite story that is thrilling, Arise is awesome!