Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Valkyrie Rising

Valkyrie Rising - Why aren't there more books like this out there? Amazing, fantastic, off the grid, blow your mama's mind story!!!! After reading this, I am thoroughly impressed :)The best part about this story is the plot. I love the idea of a teenage girl, over-protected, secretly loved, and totally clueless as to who she really is. Within the first few paragraphs, I found myself easing into Ellie shoes like butter. Her personality is one that the reader just wants to help change. She has been so overlooked you can't help but look right at her and know that there is something special.The characters in the story play some important roles in her life. Some big while others small. I enjoyed watching each characters spark life in Ellie one by one. They made her strong and confident. While she was down, they picked her up and gave her something to fight for. There were a few surprises that left me quite shocked. Half-way through the book, I was certain that I had it all figured it out, but the towards the end the author played me good. Nicely done!Of course with a powerful leading lady there is a love interest of a life time. It never ceases to amaze me that the love of your life in right in front of you the whole time. All you have to do it see it. And yes she does. It's take some time, which I like cause it gives the reader the feel of passion and love that they have for each other. It's not rushed nor childish, instead it's a yearning love that is begging to be quenched.Valkyrie Rising is an amazing book! Well told from the first line of the story to the ending, once I step in I was consumed. Valkyrie Rising brings back everything that is good in the book. Awesome plot, well-developed characters, with a powerful history, it rises to top. Well crafted, Valkyrie Rising is a story worth re-visiting.