Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Ten

Ten - A refreshing yet intense read, I found myself quickly engrossed with Ten. Ever since I was a young girl, I have always been enamored with horror movies. Though they scare me to death, I still love the adrenaline rush of watching itWhat greats about this book is that the plot is fast-moving with great twist and turns. I love horror movies that make you think you know exactly what would happen yet it changes on you. The author does a great job in laying out a predictable yet unpredictable plot. It's starts off as all horror movies do, kids on stranded island, partying away without a care in the world. And then the murders start. One by one the are killed off, leaving the kids to start to turn on each other. Freaking amazing!!The clues in the book are awesome to follow. Ms. McNeil is a genius when it comes to giving the reader enough to hook the reader till the end. The timing with each clue to each murder reels through the readers mind. Putting each piece together, it felt like I was playing a game of intense Clue.There is a love interest that I didn't think would amount to anything. It certainly brought small peaceful moments to the story. Not too much, but just enough to even the story out. The concept of this love is not what is seems to be definitely left me jaw-dropped.If you like classic horror movies, then this book is just for you. Ten gives you a front row sit to horror movies 101. Brilliant and engaging, Ten is awesome! Fueled by murder, the time is ticking away. Can you figure out who the murderer is and why? Dive into Ten and find out.