Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

After Eden (Fallen Angels, #1)

After Eden (Fallen Angels, #1) - Katherine Pine I am really enjoying see author think outside the box. Stories are now becoming so much more than what they used to be. One genre that is popular is angels. I love the any story with angels, but when Heaven and Hell go to war, its even better.Devi is a great character. I loved her personality from the very start. She is a very humbling young lady who is just trying to find answers. I like how both her and her brother had a strong connection to war that is going on. The storyline is not only unique but realistic. Many things in this book have biblical setting. So if you aren't familiar with the bible, you might bot get it. Then again, Ms. Pine made it easy to understand since she did a great job explaining the story to the reader as you unveil each secret. Which was wonderful. I love secrets!!All the characters in this book played a big role. While they may seem minor, their roles are bigger then what you think. I like how all sides of the story are explain from each character. Things you wouldn't believe happen to them. Each of them have a stake in this war, it is just matter of who gets it first.My only gripe was the beginning of the story that sort of confused me. It lead me thinking of something else, when it was something entirely different. (Don't want to say to spoil the story.)If you like angels, biblical history, and a unique storyline read this book. Ms. Pine created such a world that was easy to dive into and stay in. The story flowed just right, as well as the character development. Nothing happen too fast or too slow. The pacing of the story was perfect in revealing the characters, secrets and the war.