Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Flight: Book 1 of the Crescent Chronicles

Flight - Alyssa Rose Ivy Stories like these are like a diamond in a ruff. Beautifully detailed and wonderfully written, I fell for this book fast. Now, let me say this is also a story that can go either way. You either love it or hate it. Why the love/hate relationship? Well for one the things the characters says or does is like,"WTH?" Sometimes all you can think is why? For me, I'm able to push those parts aside and still be able to concentrate on the plot of the story, letting myself immerse into it. I had no problem believing the characters actions so for me, I love it. Though some of Allie actions I would have done myself...just saying...The love interest is one of those trap relationships where the guy likes the girl more than the girl does. Know what I mean? She gets lied to, tricked or just fooled into something that really wasn't what she thought it was. I loved how this part of their relationship is so tense. The author builds up great emotion to action-packed scenes. As the reader, it's fun to learn the "inside" of the secret along with Allie. Getting front row seats to see her relationship grow then fall into a whole new world is awesome.Flight is an intensely thrilling story that I want more of. It brought an amazing world that is hidden in he crevice of New Orleans to life. Flight is an extraordinary epic story that impresses the reader. Original and tasteful, Flight is terrific!