Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Darkest Minds

The Darkest Minds - Alexandra Bracken I'm so glad that I finally had a chance to read this book. And yes, it was freaking awesome!Waking up and finding out the life is not going to be the same is freaky. There is disease going around killing children and yet some children are not dying. Why??? Ruby has the answer to that question. And while I could spoil it for you, I rather have you, the reader, pick up this book and discover why. And if you do pick up this book, hang on tight. It's going to be one helluva ride!The characters in the book make the story. Following along in Ruby shoes you feel her every emotion, fear, and plea. MY GOD, the plea's is what gets me. The "Please, I'm green." The lonely chant in her head that pleas for her to keep steady, to just hold on a little bit longer. Every time Ruby almost got caught, it had me on the edge of the seat! Every character, even minor ones, contribute to an awesome story that changes Ruby and the reader. I have to admit that I had no idea what I was going to read when I picked up the book. MIND BLOWN. I can't wait to read what happens in the sequel cause the ending left me heart-broken and stronger than ever to face what comes next.The Darkest Mind open your eyes to a world that is lead by fear and power. It captivates the reader with amazing clarity and feel for a dark world. A story that can triumph any reader, The Darkest Mind is superb.