Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)

If You Stay - Courtney Cole I think because I have been broken most of my life, it has left me with a soft spot for bad boys. Pax is the biggest jerk and all I want to do is fix him. Immediately the plot grab me, pulling me in the shoes of two unlikely characters facing some major issues. The plot target it audience with vibrant encounters that leave you wanting more.Now, the characters in the story is what makes the story, especially Pax. Pax has suffered some severe trauma which is why he leads the life he lives. Pax is a dark entity who needs love and comfort more then anything. He takes out his anger in twisted ways but not in nothing that I don’t understand. Everything in Pax point of view is easy to grasp cause you feel his pain. The emotions that he sets off in the reader keeps you firmly planted in his head. Mila is like fresh air. Having faced her own battles, Mila understands what Pax is facing and knows exactly how to help him. I like that she is real about it too. She knows she can’t literally fix him but can only offer him good advice and a shoulder to lean on and of course, recommendations of doctors.I like the ending. Though, it was nothing what I expected, Pax is still dealing with his past but instead of running from it he is facing it with great strength. He is learning to forgive himself and well, has finally found some peace. My only gripe is the sexual content of it. Not that it was bad, but I felt like they move way too fast. For all the problems that both are facing, they sure used sex a lot as an escape. And well, I don’t think that was very healthy.If You Stay is a dark tale of love and forgiveness. No matter what has happened in your past, you can always overcome it. A powerful plot and awesome characters, If You Stay is great!