Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Knee Deep

Knee Deep - Jolene Perry I know I probably said this last time, but how is it, that this amazing author is not published! Her books are amazing and so down to earth. Her characters have pivtol points in their lives that leave the reader breathless and wanting more.Abuse in a relationship is so hard to get of. You make excuses for the person, covering up all of their bad deeds. This is why I am glad for books like these that address the issue head on. Ms. Perry writes such a signifcant point in the story. I love the way she builds up the abuse. It's subtle at first, just yelling, then shoving, then well, you can get the picture. I like that in this story there is help. Ronnie gathers her strength to finally realize what she is going through. I admire her strength and her determination to change the one that she loves but she can't. People have to want to help themselves in order to get help and Ronnie has a hard time taking all of that in. The love interest in this book is sweet and enduring. With amazing descriptions in emotions, Ms. Perry allows the reader to become deeply invested in this love. I know I hoped for Ronnie to finally see and when she did it was heaven.Knee Deep is an heartfelt tale of love and lost. Not all things are meant to be. Sometimes we have to let go of things in order to see the bigger picture. Knee Deep is a soild story with amazing characters and their trials. With a love and hope that is soildfying Knee Deep is amazing.